IQUIST Postdoctoral Scholars Program
The Illinois Quantum Information Science and Technology Center (IQUIST) at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) invites applications for postdoctoral scholar positions in quantum science. IQUIST research addresses a wide variety of experimental and theoretical research topics spanned by UIUC's departments of physics, materials science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, mathematics, and chemistry. These topics include, but are not limited to, quantum information science, quantum many-body physics in condensed matter and atomic systems, applications of quantum information to high energy physics, topological states of matter, quantum optics and light-matter interactions at the quantum level, quantum cavity-optomechanics, quantum chemistry, and quantum metrology. IQUIST also has active visitor, seminar, and outreach programs.
Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2023. Applications received before December 15, 2023, will receive full consideration.
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent in a quantum-related field within the last five years
- Relevance of the proposed research plan to the portfolio of IQUIST.
- All application materials must be received by December 15.
- Fellows are appointed annually for up to three years.
- Fellows have greater flexibility to engage in interdisciplinary and collaborative research.
- Applications open through December 15.
The review of applications will begin on October 15 of the current submission year; applicants are strongly encouraged to submit all materials by that date. Full consideration is given for applications received by December 15 of the current program year, but the review will begin on October 15. The appointment is contingent upon the completion of a Ph.D. Several awards are anticipated each year
Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted through December 15, 2023.
- Fill out the online application.
- Upload copies of your curriculum vitae, publication list, statement of research interests, and two letters of recommendation.
- Must have discussed the application with at least one potential IQUIST faculty mentor, in addition to a nomination letter.